Tuesday, August 19, 2008

That's me?!

Yesterday, I was going through the pictures on my camera. I came on a photo of me standing in my kitchen - and I was startled! I had to look twice - is that really me? I could actually SEE that almost 30 lbs makes a difference!!!

Then, 2 days ago, I put my hand on my hip and was surprised to find a waist! I said to my husband..."It feels like I am starting to have a waist again"! He replied "Well, it LOOKS like you have a waist again".

Before my man came home for his 2 weeks off, I went out and bought myself a sexy nightie. Without going into detail describing it, let's just say that I could not believe that I could look good in something like that! My sweetie liked it.

Also, there have been a few times this week that I looked in the mirror just before going out and I thought "I look pretty good!" It is not that I have never thought that before, but not often more than once in a week!

So, in spite of my frustrations with the scale, I have to say that I am encouraged - things are changing! I am getting a better life! I'm liking myself more and more, and I am certainly enjoying paying attention to what I am eating. I do not miss Nachos and Cheese at all.

3 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Those are the moments to remember! I looked in the mirror and i liked what i saw ;) You are doing awesome! And i bet your man did like you in your new outfit lol

Vonavie said...

Perhaps its a good time to post a progress photo for us :-)

Vonavie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.