Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A bad day

I feel awful today.

Sluggish and crampy and Blue.

Totally unmotivated.

In fact, I don’t even want to move.

My back aches terribly.

Yes, TOM is upon me.

Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if this is something I was used to, but I haven’t had a visit from Aunt Flo since the beginning of March. (remember, I am 51 years old) I’ve gotten so used to being free of it, I forgot to even look for symptoms. So, when I was weepy and depressed on Sunday, I couldn’t figure out what the problem was until the next day. I knew I’d be in for a bad bout since it had been so long. The physical aspects (although quite severe) I can handle, but it is this feeling of being sluggish and unmotivated that is bugging me. I don’t even feel like eating – which is better than feeling like stuffing my face, I guess. I know I should just get up and DO something, but there are certain physical realities that make it hard to do so.

Maybe I should just give in, cuddle up on the couch with a heating pad and a good book and wait it out.

Should be better tomorrow. I hope.

On the up side, even with the cycle, I have not gained.

8 comments:

Lyn said...

Take it easy. Maybe a nice bubble bath is in order. I feel for you... PMS/TOM sucks! Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Bath/Cuddle/Couch/good read/Bed. I will home in 7 days.

Vonavie said...

Yuck, you do feel like me! We will conquer when we feel better. For now... Survive is our best huh?!

Tomorrow will be a better day!

Anonymous said...

awwww... feel better soon!

~Crystal said...

I agree with the others...take it easy and treat yourself to a nice bath and a day of watching tv on the couch...we all need those every once in a while. Hope you feel better soon!! And great job on the no gain!

--cara said...

A lady at work just told me that Goats milk is supposed to be awesome for easing cramps and mood swings during that TOM. She swears by it. She says when she feels the first symptom she grabs the goats milk and drinks it in everything (tea, cereal, etc.) and her mood swings will cease. I haven't tried it, but maybe it might help with you?

--cara said...

"The Shack"? Yes, I've read it. It's probably my most favorite book of all times. What an amazing book! It totally changed my perspective on things. It really mad God real for me. And, yes, "I'm especially fond of him" is my favorite line from the book. I say it to as many people as I can whenever they are in a bad place in their life. "You know, God is especially fond of you?".

I love that I've just learned that about myself. That I'm really worth it. And not just because I say so, but because God said so. I don't know how I've missed that all these years. God is so proud of me. And I need to be happy with that.

--cara said...

I'm sorry to keep posting so much on your blog, but I wanted to do an update on the Challenge and the most recent check in I found from you was that you lost 4.4 pounds week before last. What was your loss last week. Also, I want to put a "total loss" next to everyone's names so we can all see how we're doing so far.