Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weighing In

I am happy to report a 1.2 pound LOSS over the past 7 days. I am still above the mark where I had stabalized before gaining, but hey.....I'm going in the right directiona again! And 1.2 pounds is nothing to complain about! In fact, I'm quite happy with it.



The last few days have been mostly rainy, but I fear it is too little, too late for the farmers in my community. And, of course, with the rain comes some humidity - putting us under Tornado Watch this afternoon. Any tornado that develops will be 'weak' and not likely to touch down, but still.....I HATE tornadoes! In fact, I hate the threat of tornadoes. It was the daily Tornado watches and warnings that made me happy to move away from Louisiana last spring.



So, my garden is muddy, and the sky bears watching so I'll be working inside today - beginning with paying some bills and probably progressing to working on my basement.



Maybe I'll even get caught up on my photo blog.....I'm about a week behind.



I am slowly getting back into the mindset of healthy eating - I even drank all my water yesterday! Still not perfect, but the mind change is easier this time - not as much as a change, since I hadn't completely backslid. :D Most of my exercise has come in the form of working in the yard/garden.



The lack of rain and heat (I know, sounds paradoxical) has resulted in a rather pathetic garden, but the potatoes are growing, the onions are doing well, and the veggies I bought as bedding plants are doing well. The weeds have not been stunted by the less than perfect weather - especially the thistles - so I've had lots of opportunity to use the hoe and crawl around on my hands and knees. Also, since the 'grass' in the field is all 'voluntary' , it has not suffered from the lack of moisture and I've had to keep it cut at least once a week.



That is my report on exercise over the last couple weeks.



I will post some photos of my gardens in a separate post....

2 comments:

Fat[free]Me said...

Well done you! Oooh, must check out your photo blog...

SeaShore said...

Congrats on the loss!