"Interesting" is such a subjective term. What I think is interesting may be quite blase` to you, and more to the point, I can't think of anything about myself that I would consider to be interesting to y'all. But then, that is what everyone says when they do this exercise and I have yet to read one that I thought was uninteresting, so here goes.....
- I do not have TV. That is, I have a television, but no signal of any kind. We cancelled our satelite a few months ago because the TV (as in stations) just never came on. But I love to watch old TV shows on DVD. My favorites are The Bob Newhart Show, Newhart, WKRP, and Mary Tyler Moore. Also Barney Miller. These shows make me laugh out loud - even when I am by myself. True comedy. I love to be made to laugh. My other favorite, which is not a comedy, is The Waltons. I feel like John and Olivia and their children are part of my own family.
- I am a Christian, a follower of Jesus, a child of God but I do not go to church and haven't (regularly) for about 15 years. In my previous church life, my husband and I were: Youth Pastors, Music pastors, Associate pastors, Small Group leaders, and my hubby was in charge of the sound system. All these jobs were volunteer (most were simultaneous). It took about 10 years to feel comfortable with myself without one of these "titles" attached to me because my identity had become so wrapped up in what I "did".
- Until 2006, the farthest I had travelled was to BC, Washington and California. Since then, I have driven through MOST of the states, LIVED in Louisiana, and traveled to England. Quite a change. I wish I could do more traveling........(musing)...Maybe if Vinjelu and Kathryn become famous, Jim and I can travel with them - they'll need a nanny after all, and Jim knows how to mix sound..... Of course, they would have to pretty famous to afford us! LOL
- The summer before I started grade 7, I read a book a day for the whole summer. My usual spot for reading was in the huge maple tree in our front yard.
- My name is legally spelled K A R E N. When I was 15, I saw the spelling K A R Y N and thought it looked much prettier so I started signing my name with the 'y'(besides, there were lots of Karens but I knew of no Karyns). I sign all legal documents, including cheques with an 'e' and all things personal with a 'y'. The funny thing is, I never have to think "Now, make sure you use an 'e' instead of a 'y'"....... But I am the only person who ever uses an 'e' for my name. Even my mother writes my name with a 'y'.
- I was not allowed to go to school dances in Junior High. The first school dance I went to was the fall dance in Grade 10. I felt like a 'bad girl' being there....at least, at first I did. I felt like a 'mean girl' when I ditched the dork that had monopolised all my dances in the first set. The next guy to ask me to dance was NOT a dork....he was a hunk. I did not mind at all that he monopolized all the rest of my dances. In fact, he has monopolized the rest of my life - I have been married to him for almost 32 years. And he is still a hunk.
Now, I don't know if any of that is interesting to anyone, but now you know 6 things about me that I don't think I've included anywhere else on this blog.
Now, it is my turn to tag.........Lyn, Crystal, Lisa, Skye (I don't think I've seen this tag on your posts yet)