Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Enough

I'm having a real hard time keeping up with this blog.

There is so much going on recently in my life.... yeah, I know - an excuse.

My weight loss efforts have been ......let's just say I've not gained. It is hard to maintain a weight loss mind set when your mind is stretched with so many other things that are concerning. For the last couple months I've bounced between 206 and 209 - and I've not even cared. Seriously, I've had many things to deal with.

Well, this week, even though the stressors have not lessened (in fact, they've even gotten worse) I have realized that I CARE that I am not as diligent with counting my exchanges, I CARE that I am eating some of my hubby's fries (that he shouldn't be having) when we stop for lunch during our errands. I CARE that I didn't walk on my treadmill yesterday. It bothers me that I am suddenly craving foods tha I have not cared about for over a year.

Along with the lack of diligence regarding food, I am beginning to notice a regression back toward hating myself. Not a total backslide, just a bit of a regression.

Enough.

Regardless of outside stressors, I do care enough about ME to take charge of what I can take charge of.

I may not be able to control sickness, the economy, or other people....I may not be able to change the past and how it affects today, but I CAN control what I do with my body, what I put into my mouth, and the 'self-talk' I allow in my mind.

I am sick today (again) but I am going to get on the treadmill for as long as my weak body will allow. I am going to eat the right amount of food and drink my water.

I am going to continue to rest in God's love for me and for my family - and in His provision and protection through whatever lies ahead.

10 comments:

Sandy Hentzel said...

Amen!!! Telling this giant "Enough" is the first step back on the journey. Lifting you up before the Lord.

Praying you have a blessed week :)

new*me said...

I hope you are feeling better soon.....body, mind, and spirit. It's amazing how putting you first can have a snowball effect in all aspects of your life. Focus on good health and it should be a breeze :)

~TMcGee~ said...

I'm praying for you, Karyn. I hope there is a ray of sunshine headed your way. Hugs my friend.

Fat[free]Me said...

It is wonderful that you still care about yourself enough to dust yourself off and start all over again.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

F. McButter Pants said...

He knows you and he loves you. In his care is where you belong. You'll get back on track, look how far you've come. You haven't gained, so YEA. Be positive. How you feel better!

Miz said...

I know it is hardhard making time for the blog and only suggest this if it feels as though it is HELPING you to have us out here as accountability but perhaps make 5 minutes a day for it?

even set a time.
Give not a THOUGHT to others reading it (how does this sound? will people like my post?) and just let it all just FLOW OUT OF YOU.

what youre feeling.
what is causing you stress.
what is bringing you joy.
what you anticipate to be a stumbling block and how you will navigate around.

lets make this blogging work FOR YOU!

xo xo,

Miz.

Anonymous said...

I support MIZ's comment 100%
Take care. Carol (Australia)

Natalia said...

You are worth it! Good for you for caring about yourself. Too many of us don't and I think that is one thing that makes weight loss hard! We HAVE to care about us to succeed!!!!

dlh said...

try not to dwell on the negative. I can do that too and the best thing for me is turn on the music. Make it loud and fast. Some of that good ol rock & roll, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee, I think you can't be in a bad mood when your listening to that. Turn it up and dance around. And if that doesn't work for you just find what does. Change the direction of your mind. I know it sounds simplistic and doesn't solve anything but try it. Good Luck

Lyn said...

I'm sorry I missed this post. I've been totally self absorbed for the last two weeks and I need to get out of my head and back into life. I'm sorry I haven't been there for you! I care, and I hope you know that!

I hope you are feeling better very soon.