Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Official

Remember not too long ago, I asked if there was any corelation to having a cold and gaining weight?

Well, it is official.....yes there is. Here is the proof.....

I know my ticker says that I am at 211 something, but I only stayed there for one day. My weight went back up to 214.2 the next day. Since that was still a 2 pound loss from the last stable weight, I was not upset. I have been at 214.2 or 214.6 for 5 days. I haven't changed my ticker because I'm kind of lazy - besides, I'll be at 211 soon enough that I don't see the point.

Monday night I had a bit of a sore throat.

Yesterday I woke up early and it was obvious I was getting sick (again). I've been dosing myself with garlic and vitamin C since then.

Last night I took a "dry up" pill so I wouldn't be awake all night trying to breathe through a stuffed nose.

This morning when I weighed, the scale reported a 1.8 lb gain! I KNOW I did not eat/do anything in the last 3 days to cause a gain! No Way. In fact, I was more active yesterday than I have been in the last week.

So, the only conclusion I can come to is that having a cold causes a weight gain.

At least, that's my story - and I'm sticking to it!

3 comments:

~TMcGee~ said...

I'd go with the cold weight gain theory too! :-) I hope you get to feeling better soon and that the pounds just drop right off.

Lyn said...

Check the label on your cold medicine. Once I gained 4 pounds by taking alka seltzer cold because it is LOADED with sodium!!!

Get well soon :)

Pamela said...

I think you're absolutely right! I hope you feel much better soon!