Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Changed my Ticker

Woo Hoo! I have reached a new low!.....3 days in a row! How about that!?

As excited as I am about this development, I am also wondering ..... why?

Why, all of a sudden, for the first time ever, has my weight dropped significantly 4 days in a row?

Let's see......

I am (again) working on a 'decluttering' project that has required spurts of hard work - but it is not like I'm getting my heart rate up for 30 minutes or anything 'crazy' like that! However, I have been working harder (physically) than is normal for me. Not stiff muscles hard work, but certainly an increased level of activity.

My eating habits have not changed....

I'm not drinking more water......

The only other thing that has changed is that I have added a "diet" green tea in the last 7 days. The directions say to drink it twice a day - I never remember to have the second cup, but I've been having a cup with my breakfast. (I'm not a hot beverage drinker, normally)

Could the tea actually be making the difference? I only ordered it because:
  • the first 2 weeks worth of tea were free with the ability to cancel any further shipments
  • Drinking green tea was part of Lyn's Habit of the Week challenge

I guess we'll see if I continue to lose or at least maintain this loss once the big project is done with and I'm back to my normal level of activity.

Of course, Hubby is on his way home today.....that means I won't be 'forgetting' to eat supper.

(But then, NOT eating never makes me lose weight.....eating enough of the right foods is what does it for me)

I have reached a stalling point in my project.....There are 2 pieces of furniture left in the room I am clearing out.....both are too large to be moved by one person. Before I can conutinue putting things back into the room, these 2 pieces must be removed. Then, I need a couple bookcases moved in. I reached this point yesterday and if Jim wasn't on his way home last night, I would have called one of my boys or my nephews over to help me. As it is, my sweetie and I will do the grunt work ourselves. When I am finished, I should have an organized, usable office/craft room but that is a story for another post.

For now, I am so happy to be this close to 200 lbs!!! Even if my weight bounces up a bit, once I've "seen" a number on the scale, I get back to it quite quickly.......I might be the turtle in this journey, but I'm getting there!

11 comments:

~TMcGee~ said...

You know, I absolutely love your last line of your post how you might be a turtle in this journey but you'll get there. Very endearing. :-) And isn't there a saying "slow and steady wins the race"?
Congratulations on losing some more pounds and moving your ticker. Hey, don't you get to update your other one too? Change it to 40 pounds gone now?
Keep it up! You are amazing.

Have a wonderful day,
Faith

Karyn said...

Thanks, Faith...you're right! I can change my HYC badge.

Think I'll wait for a couple days, though....just to make sure.

MeltingLisa said...

That is fantastic Karyn, I always think of excess fat as the ex boyfriend who doesn't want to go away .. eventually they give up and move on!

Well done on the loss!

bbubblyb said...

lol lisa. Way to go Karyn, I'm so happy for you. Keep up the great work. Slow and steady is how to get there for sure.

Pamela said...

Congratulations!! You are doing so great and I'm really happy for you! In every version of the story that I've heard, the turtle always wins the race!

Chubby Chick said...

Keep up the good work!

And... what kind of green tea are you drinking?

Skye-Lynn said...

Hey, I was going to write exactly what Pamela wrote! I'm glad I read the comments first! LOL

--cara said...

Its funny how weight loss works. How you can be doing the same thing you've been doing and all of the sudden you lose or gain for no apparent reason. I wish I could figure this whole thing out. Let me know if you do (she says as if that's actually possible). :) I've heard green tea is a great weight loss tool. Should try it. I'll try anything at this point.

Karyn said...

thanks, girls....yes, the weight loss thing often seems random. That is why we need to keep the big picture in mind. Since this post, I am up to 214.2 - and have held steady there for 2 days. I assume this is my "real" weight right now. This is still a decent loss from last week, however, so I am content.

The tea is Wu-Yi tea - I got it off a site on the internet - don't ask me where. I am not convinced, as yet, that it is making a difference - but I'm still giving it time.

Pheonix said...

Way to go!

bbubblyb said...

How you doing this week Karyn? Hope well. Miss reading your posts.